Community Introductions - Say Hello!

Say hello and introduce yourself below!

Hi everyone, my name is Chris Lim, I’m the founder of TheoTech and a consultant to SPU for the “Digital Church Transformation” project. I currently belong to Union Church Seattle.

I’m passionate about using technology for the Gospel and language diversity in the Church as part of “A Second Reformation”.

I build and maintain the open source prayer app Ceaseless as well as spf.io, a product that helps churches include people with disabilities and many languages.

So excited to be part of these conversations!

2 Likes

Hello all: My name is Michael Paulus, co-director of the Digital Transformation of the Church Project at Seattle Pacific University. At SPU I am Dean of the Library, Assistant Provost for Educational Technology, and Associate Professor of Information Studies. I regularly post about theology and technology at the Patheos site Digital Wisdom. For more about me, see my personal website.

3 Likes

Hello, I’m Andrew Ma and currently an engineering manager at Facebook currently working in the ARVR space. I’m passionate about technology and always looking for ways to help the Kingdom grow with support from technology.

4 Likes

Hello!
I’m Mark Mohrlang. My wife (Summer) and I pastor Sanctuary Christian Reformed Church. We’re up in the Greenwood neighborhood, and have met at Taproot Theatre for the past 15+ years. Our congregation is about 100 (give or take) on a Sunday and the age range is from newborn, all the way up… :wink: This is one of our challenges/opportunities/strengths as we think about next steps. Grateful for wisdom and insight into best practices and ways the church can change and re-form in this next season.

3 Likes

Hi all!

My name is Daniel Herron. I am the lead pastor and founder The Robloxian Christians, a youth-led online church based out of the Roblox video game platform. (Been doing online church before it was cool… take that rona!) I am also going into my junior year at Whitworth University in Spokane, WA.

Since March, I have also been managing/doing the tech stuff for my brick and mortar church Tacoma, WA – where I went growing up.

3 Likes

Hi I’m Russ Martin. I’m a Canadian living in Singapore.

I lead digital strategies in asia-pacific for Cru. I’m also a co-founder of Indigitous.

4 Likes

Hello Everyone,

I am Lucas Jones and I do a variety of works in the creative field. I do photography with my wife at Jones Creative Co and I also shoot/edit video, create motion graphics, and edit podcasts at My Website. Learning how to run a business alongside my wife has been a great journey over the last couple of years. I also work with Created to Create to take on projects to help further the Kingdom.

2 Likes

Hello,

My name is Ben Johnson, and I’m a software developer at Subsplash, where I get to build some cool tools to help Churches fulfill their missions and glorify God. I’m a member of Downtown Cornerstone Church, in Seattle, WA. I’m passionate about technology and Jesus.

4 Likes

Hi all!

I’m Matthias Sperber, live in Aachen, Germany, together with my wife. I have lived for a few years in Japan and met my wife there, and ever since been fascinated by languages, cultures, and how we as Christians are called to bridge this gap. My other passion is on the tech side, in particular machine learning and natural language processing. I’m currently working at Apple’s machine translation team. I do have a personal (academic) website: http://msperber.com – Looking forward to meeting you all.

2 Likes

Hi all,

I’m Charity Starchenko Digital Media Coordinator at Trinity Park Church. I lead most of our digital efforts including marketing and analytics, low key PR, content development and the like. As I look into the future especially organizationally, I’d like to begin to introductory discussions about digital transformation at our church- how can we use tech to free up key leaders to really minister and how will it help us build up our church life to extend the kingdom of God?

Looking forward to learning from everyone!

2 Likes

Hi everyone… I am Chi Ekeke a software engineer at Microsoft and a follower of Jesus Christ; I fellowship at Sunshine Christian Church. I am passionate about encouraging fellow Christians and being used as a conduit to save the lost.

I look forward to the conversations on this platform.

2 Likes

Hey Everyone!

Allen here! I’m a photographer and video producer here in the PNW. Blessed to be able to collaborate with @chrislim and @iamlucasjones and produce a series of interviews for CDX.

Our first interview with @DanielH253 is up on Youtube

2 Likes

Hello! I’m TheoTech’s podcast and online content editor. I’m a tech-hobbyist that enjoys creative challenges and a member of Created to Create, a Seattle based group for Christian producers/artists to collaborate and build each other up. I’m a PNW native currently living in Ireland, where I am working on a PhD in Microbiology. I’ll be here for four years, and am blessed to be serving in the sound booth ministry at Discovery Church Galway.

1 Like

Hi everyone :slight_smile: My name is Susan and I just moved to Seattle… weirdest time ever to do that, by the way, haha! I’m getting plugged in here and found my way to TheoTech, and am excited to do some work with them as well as get to know the community. I’m trying to navigate meeting new people in a primarily digital context-- as I’m sure you can all relate to. I can’t wait start a thread or two to get some ideas and start getting to know you!

Also, if you have any recommendations on a great place for dim sum, let me know. :wink:

2 Likes

Jade Garden was a good dim-sum place pre-pandemic. The international district of Seattle was especially struggling due to the lockdowns/pandemic, good reminder to patronize such places!

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Jodie, a UX designer from the sunny island of Singapore :singapore: I worship at Mt Carmel Bible-Presbyterian Church in Singapore, and came to faith and was baptised at Subiaco Church of Christ in Perth, Western Australia.

Very happy to be part of this community! Nice to meet all of you!

1 Like

Jodie, welcome! We’re so glad to have you here. How long have you been in Singapore?

** Edit: Oops-- I mean, it sounds like you lived in Australia for a while but are back in Singapore now? What brought you back?

Hello! I’m Eric from Seattle. I lead BasilTech’s Seattle branch and am working on ScriptureLabs (https://scripturelabs.org), a platform for scholars to add lessons and labs to Bible passages. Happy to connect with fellow believers who desire to use tech to advance His kingdom!

2 Likes