New to the TheoTech Forums? [Start Here]

Welcome to the TheoTech Forums!

This is a space for conversation about technology, theology, and the tangible needs of the church. We want to foster long-term partnerships with businesses and thought-leaders, as we pursue technology’s role in advancing the Kingdom of God.

Click below to read a little bit about our history.

The Story of the TheoTech Forums

In the Spring of 2020, the Covid-19 pandemic threw the church into uncharted waters. In response, Seattle Pacific University, with support from the Murdoch Charitable Trust, began exploring how churches can use technology to not just survive, but transform their ministry with the help of technology. The culmination of that project was a virtual event coined the “Church Digital Transformation Summit.”

The TheoTech Forums grew out of the summit as an open space for long-form conversation about how God is working online and how technology can be leveraged to further the Kingdom. These forums are joined by the TheoTech Podcast, which feature various guests working in fields of faith and tech.

Now it’s your turn!

Your First 4 Steps:
1.) If you haven’t yet, sign up. You’ll receive a personal message titled “Greetings” that will give you an optional quick tutorial for using the forums.

2.) Read the posting guidelines and abide by them at all times to help keep our community welcoming and effective.

3.) Add Discourse to your e-mail whitelist! We occasionally have trouble with e-mails going to spam, and don’t want you to miss replies to your posts!

4.) Please say “hi” to everyone else in the community! Reply to this “Community Introductions” post.

Now you’re all set to join the conversation! Find (or start) a thread that interests you.

We’ll see you out there!

Step 1: Why Did We Need the 2020 CDX Summit?
The pandemic and lockdowns accelerated the need for churches to use digital technology for God’s Kingdom.

There are a lot of open questions and we need to keep learning from each other to successfully navigate the digital turn!

Watch the video below to learn about why we created this Forum, who it is for and how to get started using it.

Step 2: What Was Our Initial Goal?
Our primary focus in the beginning of this journey was education and proactive thinking about technology and the future of the church.

After our first virtual summit on “COVID-19 and the Digital Transformation of the Church” we developed a curriculum to help churches with digital transformation.

Here are six learning modules with videos and discussion questions you can use to educate and challenge leaders in your church:

1. Navigating the Digital Turn
  2. Engaging with Church History and the Bible
  3. Youth and Digital Culture
  4. The Limits of the Digital
  5. Exploring Creativity and New Church Modalities
  6. Ministry in a New Context

This forum is a great place to ask questions, share the ideas and tell the stories that emerge from your experience with Church Digital Transformation as you engage with others.

Step 3: How Can You Get Involved Here?
The key to forward motion is engagement. Make sure you are getting e-mail notifications from us, and that you check back here regularly to share your voice!

To create your first post, sign up and create a post with your question or a resource you’d like to share.

Please say “hi” to everyone else in the community! Reply to this “Introduce yourself!” post.

We hope this forum helps us all join what God is doing with technology for the future of the Church. Thanks for being part of the CDX community of practice!

Hello!

My name is Nick Seedorf and I live in Port Angeles, WA. I am passionate, called, and obsessed to see believers one and Jesus and the Father are one (John 17:23).

However, Christian Unity always seemed like a pipe dream. Then the Spirit connected the dots for me…
We all know John 14:14 when Jesus says, “You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.” Then, in that same conversation with the disciples in John 17:23 Jesus prays for Unity. “I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.”

What better example of asking the Father for something in His name than Jesus asking the Father for believers to be one. So since Jesus asks it, I realized it’s not a matter of if Believers will be Unified, it’s a matter of when and are we willing to be that generation to see the prayers of Jesus answered.

He has me on a journey to create a tool for believers to connect with one another in their city, called Involved. Think meetup+nextdoor+linkedin whereas Linkedin connects is to our professional relationships and Involved connects us to our Kingdom relationships.

Check out the platform at getinvolved(dot)com.

We are just about to do a beta launch in my city and the native apps are in the review process now.

I would love to get feedback from tech minded believers. I’m asking for encouragement and truth where improvements are needed. Please help me ensure that the technology and UI/UX are at the quality that people expect and deserve.

I appreciate being in this community!

-Nick

1 Like